Internships with AMP RI
Each semester, we look to bring two marketing interns on our team. Since we will have two, we will coordinate among the two interns to split the marketing internship key projects among the two based on past experience and future aspirations.
You may apply at any time, but please indicate the semester which you would be interested in the opportunity.
The schedule is a flexible 8-10 hours per week. We can accommodate your schedule as long as you commit to us as well. We want weekly hours, but they can adjust week-by-week if needed. Each week, you will meet with the board president to discuss accomplishments, challenges, and goals. Weekly meetings may be in-person, by phone or via Skype. You have an option to work in-office or remotely, or a mix of the two. However, you are encourage to attend events and board meetings.
Interns will leave with an abundance of knowledge, resources to continue their development, limitless hands-on experience, and unlimited access for questions, references, and so on. Given that it is an unpaid position, we want you to be compensate through learning, experience, and fulfillment through your work. You must also receive course credit for your experience.
Additionally, you will receive a full year of membership for free, ability to reference your work with and membership to AMP on your resume, and a board position for your time working with us, though this may extend as long as you wish to be involved.
Now, let’s look at the opportunity available below.
The Marketing Internship
AMP RI, the Advertising, Marketing & PR Club of Rhode Island, is seeking a marketing intern to assist us with event marketing and growing our membership base.
AMP exists to share skills, knowledge, passion and energy among communication, marketing and sales professionals, as well as small business owners and students.
We are seeking
A marketing intern who is interested in working with a small organization operated by a board of ~8 members. You will help us strategize, plan and execute marketing initiatives.
We would like someone who is organized so you can help us continue to develop the infrastructure to our marketing. We have two primary objectives: (1) increase attendance to our events and (2) increase our membership base.
You will work under the supervision of AMP board president David Bradley.
What our two interns will handle
- Email Marketing: Plan, prepare and execute email marketing campaigns
- Social Media Marketing: Schedule social media posts to support our community online
- Public Relations: Handle PR for the events by distributing event information to local news contacts & influencers
- Join the board and attend all board meetings during your tenure with us
- Web Management: Maintain the website, keeping it updated with upcoming event information
- Graphic Design: Design event invitations (little-to-no graphic design experience can be okay)
- Content Marketing: Develop new content for the website
- Content Marketing: Write and publish event recaps
- Content Marketing: Create online content, such as interviews and blogs
- Partnership Marketing: Help us connect with specific groups, such as colleges
- Recap accomplishments and challenges of previous week and goals for next
- Potentially a variety of other tasks – we are flexible and here to help you learn
- Receiving college credit for this internship
- A proactive person. Someone who is eager to do things, to learn, and to grow.
- You will work remotely, but more on that below.
- Able to work independently, but not afraid to ask for help, guidance, and opinions
- Interested in staying up to date with best practices of digital & event marketing
- Happy to develop professionally through improved time management, self-discipline, and creativity
- You have started something yourself – whether a business, a website, a blog, or a club
- Previous experience creating content for business purposes
- Interested in an advertising, marketing, PR, events or communications career
There is no deadline. We will select the intern when we find the right mutual fit with a candidate.
To apply, please forward your resume to DavidBradley@AMP-RI.com with subject line “AMP Marketing Intern”.